July`2018 Board of Directors Meeting

Lion Line

Windsor Manor, Wednesday Evening, July 11, 2018 - Loren Heckathorne

We had several reports during the regular dinner meeting. Jim Fenn reported on the peach sales. Our club sold 85 boxes and 106 flats, which should yield a profit of $500.

We need everybody's help for RAGBRAI. We will eat breakfast at 5:00 am and start serving at 5:30 am. Jim has found extra tables and chair to rent. Farm House Catering will help us heat sausage. Scratch the orange juice because of refrigeration issue. The sausage costs $1.50 per pound. We will buy Krusteaz pancake mix in 10 lb bags. Scouts will help us -- there are 8 Scouts. We need to be at the Fire Station by 2:00 am. (Note: later changed to 3:00 am.)

We balloted for Warren Coleman awards, since three people were nominated for two awards. Loren and Bob were elected to receive Warren Coleman awards.

The Nevada Lions Club held its regular Board of Directors meeting, July 11, 2018, in the Windsor Manor dining room. President Susan Radke called the meeting to order at 8:40 pm and acted as Chairperson, with the following members present:

John Beals Jim Fenn Loren Heckathorne
Bob Hunter Carlene Hunter Charlene Jaroeb
Steve Jordening Paul Malsom Willy Morfitt
Jerry Radke Susan Radke Sandy Richardson
Mike Seaboch

Secretary Heckathorne read the minutes from the June 13 Board meeting. Bob Hunter made a motion to approve the Minutes as read, Second by Sandy Richardson. Motion passed.

Treasurer John Beals presented the financial report. Steve Jordening made a motion to accept John's report, Second by Carlene Hunter. Motion passed.

Bills of account: For Peach sales, the unused books were returned for $3.25 refund and Face Book Boost for $15, which nets to $11.75. Parade candy for $87.29, with 4 bags leftover for LHD. The RAGBRAI total was $1349.96. Bob made a motion to pay the bills, Second by Charlene. Motion passed.

For old business, Susan noted that Peaches and RAGBRAI reports were already given. Susan also mentioned the Youth Exchange Feed was coming up.

Willy noted that most clubs don't pay for advertising in the paper, but instead, they write an article for the paper. We should look into this, but there was no motion about this.

For new business, John presented the yearend report. Steve made a motion to accept the yearend report, Second by Jim. Motion passed.

Harmony clothing closet needs volunteers -- Susan will send an email.

Susan suggested new song books and also, a new microphone. But we need everything for a sound system: microphone, amplifier and speakers.

The brochure for Chamber is being updated. July 25 meeting is cancelled. Does Windsor know about this? The picnic is August 8, with the Vice Presidents in charge.

It was noted that we appreciate the Paper Recycling effort, which is our big money maker, and for those Lions that make it possible.

Jerry requested that I look into past Minutes concerning officer nominations. The slate was read March 28, with Charlie volunteering to be 3rd Vice April 11. The slate was approved April 11.

Susan closed the meeting at 9:12.


Loren Heckathorne, Secretary

000webhost logo


Return to Nevada Lions History Page

Return to Nevada Lions Club Homepage