NEVADA LIONS CLUB
50 PROUD YEARS OF COMMUNITY SERVICE
Volume 1, Issue 7 Lions Newsletter February 1999
Charles Miller, District Membership Chairman, has announced two District 9x7 Membership Contests.
We have been challenged!!
I.) The club that has the highest % gain in new members over their total members reported on their January 31 M&A report will win.
Our March M&A must be submitted by April 5th. (No sweat, Lion Secretary Bob Hobson always gets ours submitted in a timely fashion!)
- Clubs with 32 members and under will be competing. - Winner will receive a $50 gift certificate from the Lions International Supply Catalog.
- Clubs with 33 members and over will be competing. - Winner will receive a $50 gift certificate from the Lions International Supply Catalog.
- Contest runs from February 1 to March 31.
II.) The Lion who receives the highest number of "no's" while asking people to become Lions will win.
I will submit to Lion Miller our lists and he will contact the potential members to verify our attempts.
- Winner will receive a $50 gift certificate from the Lions International Supply Catalog.
- Contest runs from February 1 to March 15.
- Keep the name, address, and phone number of each person you ask.
Winners will be announced at the District Convention April 9 & 10.
So long as we love, we serve. So long as we are loved by others, I would say we were indispensable; and no person is useless while he or she has a friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Let's go visiting!!!
- February 19 & 20, Ogden Lions Pancake Feast, Leonard Good Community Center
- February 20, 7am-1pm, Madrid Lions Pancake Breakfast, Madrid Community Room
ANNUAL PANCAKE SALE APPROACHING!March 18th - we meet at Gates to cook that great tasting sausage
March 19th - Pancakes & Sausage at Gates Hall
In her February Newsletter, our District Governor Betty Babberl reminds us of the Prospecting & Recruiting Wheel:
Special Appreciation to Lion Loren and Lion Everett for attending the Mid Winter Conference
Lions Jan will be nominated by Lion President Susan at our District Convention. The convention begins Friday, April 9, in Madrid and the nominations and voting will be on April 10th. Supporting speeches will be given by two Nevada Lions. We'll take our Nevada banner and would like to have as many Lions there as possible. Let's give Lion Jan our encouragement that day and take home the two prizes from the Membership Contest!
District Vice Governor nominee
She's on the right track!
Reminder: ENTRANCE FEE WAIVED! Effective January 1, 1999 through December 31, 1999, all Lionesses and spouses of Lions who are invited to beome members will have their $25 entrance fee or $30 charter fee waived.
LIBERTY, INTELLIGENCE, OUR NATIONS SAFETY